GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid derivative that functions as an inhibitory neurotransmitter of the central nervous system. It is an anti-stress, anti-anxiety, calming and relaxing nutrient. It has been used clinically for depressed sex drive, prostate problems, and as a non-addictive tranquilizer substitute.
GABA is referred to as the “brain’s natural calming agent.” Studies have shown that GABA increases the body’s sleeping cycle and patients reported much more vivid dreams and a good night’s sleep.
• promote relaxation and ease nervous tension
• has a slightly sedative effect which makes it ideal before going to bed
• acts as a balancer” for the brain where excitation is balanced with inhibition
• increases H G H Levels which in turn helps decrease body fat, promotes increases in lean muscle and lower fat ratio in body composition
* NOW provides only the naturally occurring L-form as found in food and in the body.